Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Slient Tears 56% Through reflection:

Silent Tears by Kay Bratt. 56% of the way through reflection;
-Memorable quotes:
Santa is Sheng Dan Lao Ren “The Christmas old man” in Chinese
-information books liken china to an onion; the analogy describes the different layers of this country and how peeling each away reveals increasingly more of China’s true nature. The longer we are here, the more I understand.
-we’ve discovered that a smile goes a long way when you can’t communicate with words. Our eyes have been opened to a part of the world harboring some very needy people; they are real and not just pictures on television or in the mail.
-a family is a family no matter what continent you live on; all you need to survive is love and a lot of patience.
So I am 56% percent of the way through this book.  I had every intention of stopping at 50% and collecting my thoughts and reflecting as I am doing right now, but it’s just so good that I literally can’t. I’m typing at super speed right now in order to get through and get back to reading.
I am amazed by this book. Amazed, heartbroken, saddened, and so connected to the writer. From what I read, she seems to have a lot of similar personality traits to me. So I connect well.
The difference between the states and in the orphanage described is shocking. I was brought to tears when I read one part…without giving it all away because I’m hoping that with my recommendation you will pick it up and read it yourself.
This particular day at the orphanage, one baby was refusing to eat, because they were trying to switch her from milk to rice in one try. The baby girl obviously got frustrated and upset, and the particular ayi (nanny) was feeling extra impatient…
My mouth literally dropped as I read what happened next…the ayi picked up the little girl, took her over to the window, flung it open and dangled her out in open air threatening to drop her. Tears absolutely flooded my eyes. If that had happened in the states, the ayi would have been taken to court. But there, they could do nothing but sit back and watch.
I could tell story after story from the book, but I want you to read it yourself J  It just amazes me that the care that they get contrasts so sharply to here in the States. Americans, we are so very blessed. Even those of us who think we have it bad.
The care these kids are getting doesn’t sit well with this girl….
Okay, back to reading…but before I do, ill beg you for a third time to READ IT!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?