Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

San Francisco Play Day

I am so very glad that our team decided to have a day to "play" in San Francisco (hereafter referred to as SFO). With the fiasco last night, and the early flight out tomorrow morning (at the airport by 5am, anyone?) I am so glad we had a day to regroup and relax as a team.


I never realized what a cool city SFO was. I mean, I knew about the Golden Gate Bridge, and that there were cable cars and whatnot, but man, its a cool place! With beautiful weather too!

It also helps that we had an awesome tour guide, Bernard. He moved here from the Philippines a few years back and has driven the tour bus for about half of that time. 

He showed us everything. I mean, most everything. From Union Square, to Chinatown, and even the former "Red Light District". That was awkward. 

I loved Fisherman's Wharf. And the "painted ladies". (for those of us new to SFO that's the houses, painted in pastels to resemble ladies' makeup). It was all just so neat. So rich in culture and vibrant. 

We even drove down one street that was the dividing line between Chinatown and North Beach (Little Italy). It was all local shops. Bernard told us that was because there was some kind of city ordinance not allowing chain restaurants, just those cute, family owned places. 






I would have loved to spend more time in the city. I liked visiting, but this girl hopes to never live in one!

Feeling good, just a little tired! We fly out tomorrow morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?