Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Post China Funk.

I knew I'd feel it, but I thought it would come sooner.

The post-China emotional letdown.

I'm for sure feeling it today.

Its 9:15am and I have already been to the bank, the grocery store, and have done a load of laundry.

If you know me, you know I'm NOT a morning person, especially on my days off.

I guess getting up before 8am is what happens when you're so tired that you go to bed at 8pm the night before.

I still am exhausted but I can't sleep.

I knew I was feeling this whole "emotional letdown" thing for sure at the grocery store when I picked "Ni-Hao Kai-Lan" fruit snacks for the kids over the seemingly more obvious Disney Princess choice.

Or when I realized I wanted rice for lunch.

Or when I walked past the produce section, saw green beans sitting next to an eggplant, and all at once in my mind I was back in the Dumpling House in Chen Zhou, trying that combination of foods for the first time.

Or when I decided I wanted to eat my breakfast with chopsticks.

Or when I re-read this post and realize I sound like a crazy person!

"Who can say if I've been changed for the better,
but because I knew you.
I have been changed,
For Good..."

(Thanks, Wicked, for the lyrical inspiration to my mood!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?