Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011


Since people have been asking, I'll try to write out the proposal story!

I came to Rolla Thursday night after work for Chad's team's playoff flag football game and met him at the field. 

After the game, we went back to the house, and he asked to go down to the pond that was on their property.

Then we got cold and decided to come back up to the house and watch Avatar in the theater room.

(Then I left for the night before the movie was over and went to Jen's house to sleep.)

The next morning, Chad met me in between classes at Panera and we had breakfast in between his classes.

After his classes, we packed up and headed to his parents house at the lake.

When we got there, Chad asked if we could go jump on the trampoline.

After a few minutes of that he asked to go down to the dock.

When we got to the dock, he asked if I knew why we did all the things this weekend like watching Avatar and jumping on the trampoline.

By then, I had kind of figured out that he was trying to re-create the same weekend we had had the year before on the same weekend, just for old times' sake.

Then he asked me all of the things we did both weekends to see if I remembered them all.

We got through most of them, until the last one. 

Last year on this weekend, he asked to pursue me, with the intention of seeing if dating would be in our future.

Then he said, "well, I'm sorry I can't re-create that because I can't ask you again, but..."

Then he got down on one knee (AWWW!) and told me that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. (AWWW! Again)

I was speechless. Absolutely speechless.

So I just nodded and he asked if we could get off the dock to put the ring on because it was really windy and the dock has gaps between the wood slats that the ring could fall through :)

So he put it on me, and explained that the box he put the ring in was the same one his Mom's engagement ring came it.

I thought that was adorable :)

It was perfect. Totally perfect. I was so surprised! 

After sitting at the dock we went up to the house to call people.

It was funny though, because when we got back up to the house, Chad said, "Well, you know, you never actually said yes, so..."

By that time I had gained enough voice back to say YES!!


He picked the perfect ring too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?