Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Butterfly House and the bullet train

It feels like weve been in an Inception (movie) like state. We go deeper and deeper into the country and farther away than ever.  The further we get the more people stare.  Its almost comical.  Today was our day at the Butterfly house, and it was amazing.  We all had to scrub in and wear aprons and shoe coverings so we kept as many germs our as possible.

The kids are amazing.  Lynn, the director from England was able to tell us about the babies and where they came from and how they had improved. Precious, precious children. There are only 13 in the home, and 5 are on the adoption list.  One gets picked up by her family next week, another within the next few months, and the others are still waiting.  Several of the babies there are terminally ill.  I can not even describe what it feels like to hold a sweet, innocent child like that and know that while they have the love of their nannies, they will never know what it is like to be loved by a mommy and daddy...im crying right now, just so you readers know.
When I can get on blogger at home, I will introduce you all to my sweet Isobel.  She is terminal, and unknown liver disease has taken over her, and her skin and beautiful big eyes are all yellowed...she's a feisty one though.  And I absolutely adore her....

ok, if I dont stop talking about her now I never will...

We also got to ride the bullet train today.  I was worried about getting sick, but thanks to Dramamine I was fine.  Once we got to the train station our guide went to get tickets for us. It took a long time, so long that the security called the police on staff over to talk to us,  with limited english and no passports for us, because the guide had them.  Thankfully, the guide walked up at that exact minute.  Scariest 5 minutes of my life...
The train only took about and hour and we are now here in beautiful chen zhou.  There's less smog and smells, as well as 2 big markets and a KFC all within 2 blocks of the hotel.  Its very nice. There is a computer in the room and thats what I'm typing on right now, so sorry no pics today but I promise when I get a chance they will be up for viewing!

okay, shower and sleep so I have energy for the kids tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?