Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Coming Home...

Home.. What a wonderful place.

I've been home 24 hours, and thanks to a jet lag induced haze, I'm still processing through everything.

Walking off the plane and past security to see Jenna and Josh waiting for me.

Josh crushing me with a hug.

Both siblings telling me how glad they were that I was home.

One last trip to the baggage claim.

Going out to the car and seeing my parents.

Hugs from both.

Mom crying because she was so happy I was home.

Riding in the car on seemingly quiet STL roads.

How if felt to pull into the driveway of my house.

Going inside and taking it all in.

Giving gifts and telling stories.

And then, finally, my own bed.

Which felt strange, after sleeping on the rocks that the Chinese call beds.

Sleeping until I was woken up to go downstairs and wait out a tornado.

Then finally, back to my room.

Waking up at 1pm.

Knowing that finally, I was home.

If home is where the heart is, then is my home in China as well?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?