Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 3, The Big Leap and then some!

Yum, airplane food...
Wow! What a crazy 24 plus hours it has been! I don't even know where to start!

Our team is feeling over all a little cranky, a little tired, and a LOT blessed to be where we are!

I guess after we left Vancouver would be the best place?

The plane for The Big Leap is huge! But strangely enough, didn't have a ton of overhead bin space.

Movies, Kindle, and Music really helped pass the time! I don't really think I ever got bored.

Ok, since I'm getting tired, here's the first few things I learned about China...

1. Chinese people do not believe in lines. Push, that's how you get where you're going!
2. I knew a lot of people used bikes to get around, but I didn't know they used them to this degree! (and with multiple people on at one time)
3. Cross the street at your own risk!
4. Soda without ice is something to get used to! And the lack of Diet soda of any kind is depressing!
5. You can bounce on the beds, but at risk of breaking a bone! (not really, chill.) Chinese like hard beds. So, that will take some getting used to.
6. Tim Horton's coffee shop is amazing. It was in the Vancouver airport, and Renee always tells me that if I ever get a chance, definitely get some. I was not disappointed!
7. The exchange rate of money is about 1 USD to every 6.5 CY. (lots).

okay, my brain is ceasing function for the next few hours. And I am so excited to dive into my hard bed and sleep!

Tired, excited, a little overwhelemed, but altogether doing well. Email my Gmail account if ya need to get ahold of me! I appreciate it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?