Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thursday's Little Scare

Lindsay's Status on Thursday night says it all:


We had a very scary moment this evening. Emmett got very fussy all of the sudden then quickly turned hysterical which is VERY rare for him. In my quest to find out what was wrong with him I realized that he felt warm to me. I decided to take his temp with our temporal thermometer. When it beeped it showed a temp of 102.2! I swear my heart stopped. I didn't think he felt that warm but the crazy paranoidmother in me surfaced. I took him temp 4 more times, twice under his arm and twice the "old fashioned way" (sorry little buddy!) and was so relieved to see that those thermometers showed a consistent 98 temp. PTL! Now I kind of want to smash the temporal thermometer into a million pieces for scaring us like that. Emmett is doing great now (poor little guy had a tummy ache). I'm so thankful that God gave us a healthy baby!


Thursday night I was preparing to go see the little guys and their mommy. Mom had already said she didn't want to go, which was fine. As I was finishing up some things in my room before heading over, I heard Mom's phone ring. Not even 20 seconds later, she was yelling to me, "Amy let's go now! Lindsay just took Emmett's temp and it was over 102!"


Talk about a heart-stopping moment.


We grabbed shoes and keys and headed over to their house, sending up frantic prayers the whole way.


(Off the record, it probably only took 4 minutes to get there instead of the usual 7-8 minutes)


As soon as we got there, we ran into the house to find a crying Emmett, a worried Mommy, and a very confused big brother Landon telling us, "He crying. Em Emm crying!" Such a caring big brother!


We re-took his temp and got consistently somewhere in the 98 range, and figured out that it was just a tummy ache from some of the food his Mommy had been eating.


Finally, he got calmed down enough to show off how cute he was in his onesie from Aunt Amy...



Lindsay, allow me to get a swing in at that thermometer too?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?