Wedding Countdown!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some Things Never Change.

Some things never change. We always hear that saying...mostly with bad connotation. But, as far as I'm concerned, most of the time that's a good thing!

Okay, so this is what I mean...

Sara and I were best friends in elementary school. We were attached at the hip. Sleepovers almost every weekend, riding to football games together, birthday parties, you name it, we were there together.

Then my dad had to do the mean thing of moving me away from Jacksonville. With neither of us having our licenses and getting busy with school, we kind of drifted apart.

Fast forward a few years.

It my freshman year of college and as I'm sitting in my dorm I get a message from her, telling me that she wanted to visit. We got all the details worked out, and planned an overnight visit.

I was wondering how it would go because we had lost contact, but I am glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. We had so much fun!

The weekend was over all too soon, and we weren't able to meet up again until the summer. Repeat cycle. Wondering if we could find things to talk about, meeting up, having so much fun, and then having to say goodbye.

Well, last night she came to visit again. I hadn't really seen or talked to her since the previous June (I am bad at keeping in touch, I'll admit it!)

We had sooooo much fun at Pottery Hollow and dinner laughing and talking and catching up on life.

Then we decided to go see a movie in Fairview Heights...ummm...so that was actually a bad idea. As we were getting on 255, a big pothole found its way to my poor car and we ended up with a flat tire. Normally, I'd be worried and freaking out. Not this time. We passed the time waiting for help by talking and laughing and taking pictures.

After the tire fiasco, as we were heading back with the spare on. Instead of being all frustrated about the whole thing and missing the movie, we were laughing so hard that my stomach was starting to hurt! It was like being back in the 5th grade again.

So yeah, maybe some things never change, but I think that's a good thing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?